UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Dear tea lovers. This is a challenging time for everyone, we hope that you are all staying safe and well.
We have taken the difficult decision to close our classroom, and not to run our March and April Tea Champion courses due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus, to help keep us all safe from the risk of infection. Bookings are of course fully transferable to any future course, once the situation settles down.
However - we will launch our new ONLINE Tea Foundation course by the end of March, so that you can learn about tea remotely.
In addition, All Academy Extra evening events in March and April have been postponed:
- Teas from Different Origins, with Jane Pettigrew (17th March)
- Chinese White Tea Tasting, with Juyan Webster (31st March)
- Korean Tea Evening, with Sujin Lee (7th April)
- Darjeeling Tea Tasting, with Kevin Gascoyne (17th April)
Anyone who has bought a ticket for these events can either be refunded or keep their ticket for when the event is rescheduled.
STAY SAFE AND DRINK TEA
Tea is good for your mind, body and soul, so keep drinking it!
Here are some Tea Things you can do during this down time:
- Make your tea drinking at home into a daily ritual to keep you calm and happy, whether that is mindfully preparing Matcha or just taking time out of your day to prepare and drink your favourite tea
- Online Tea Time: arrange to call / video chat a friend whilst you both drink tea - this might be especially important for an elderly relative
- Have another cup of tea every day: our Tea, Science and Health tutor Dr Tim Bond says the best thing you can do for your long term health is drink 1 more cup of tea a day
- Buy tea online from small retailers who need your support in this challenging time for the hospitality industry
- Spend time developing your tasting palate and your tea brewing skills by tasting different teas and making notes on their taste, aroma, mouthfeel, brewing parameters etc.
- Catch up on your tea reading (perhaps join the @teabookclub which meets online to discuss tea books)