An Evening with Satemwa, Malawi
Wednesday 6th Oct, 18:30 - 20:00 (BST)
Tickets from £25 each
All of you who have studied with us will know the name Satemwa – the family-owned Tea and Coffee Estate in the Shire Highlands of Malawi where a specially trained team make beautiful hand-crafted white, green, oolong, black and dark teas for the speciality market.
In class we tasted one of Satemwa’s wonderful white teas, but we are now offering everyone a chance to learn more about the work of the tea estate, and an opportunity to taste a green, a different white, a black and a fermented dark tea. We will send out samples of the teas in advance of the event and on 6th October we will be joined online by Alex Maclean Kay, 3rd generation member of the family who is in charge of running Satemwa today, and Wouter Verelst, Satemwa’s Marketing and Business Development Manager who is based in Belgium.
Don’t miss the chance to brew and sip 4 amazing Satemwa teas while listening to the story of this 98 year old tea estate. Book your place as soon as you can!
So do book your ticket for this interesting and inspiring session, and get ready to brew along with Alex, Wouter, Jane and Carri. All the teas will be sent to you in advance, together with brewing instructions and a list of equipment required.
Prices (Includes VAT and shipping costs)
- UK: £25
- International: £32 (bookings close at midnight on 15th September, to allow time for shipment of teas)
What will I need?
- Your phone, computer or tablet to join the webinar via Zoom
- Brewing equipment (kettle, teapot etc.) and a surface on which to brew the teas during the webinar
Things to know
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes
- Once teas have been shipped, we cannot refund the ticket price if you cannot attend.